The General Motors Locomotive Group (GMLG) Electro-Motive Division (EMD) SD70MAC is one of the most common locomotives plying the rails today. Originally introduced in late 1993 with an order for the Burlington Northern, the production now totals over 900 units, exceeding the combined production of the SD80MAC and SD90MAC locomotives by over 300 units.
The SD70MAC is quite popular in today's railroading, being heavily used in coal train service by some of today's best-known Class I American railroads.
- Great for pulling our Gunderson MAXI-IV double stack well cars
- Directional headlights and lighted ditch lights
- Illuminated pre-printed numberboards
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- Roadname specific headlight placement and truck type
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42" blackened metal wheels