This highly detailed model is based on the 40' wood refrigerator cars built by Pullman for the Northern Refrigerator Car Co. in 1930. With its rooftop ice hatches, USRA-style fish belly underframe and vertical brake shaft, it is representative of the thousands of similar cars that were built during the "Billboard" era of American railroads.
Available in 2-rail as well as 3-rail, these ready-to-run reefers have state-of-the-art detailing and construction.
- Highly detailed ABS body
- Separately-applied ladders, grab irons and stirrups
- Die-cast metal stirrups
- Separately-applied door hinges, handles and latches
- Opening doors
- Separately-applied opening roof hatches, hinges and latches
- Die-cast underframe
- Separately applied brake system and vertical brake
- Separately-applied coupler lift bars
- 40-ton Bettendorf-style, die-cast sprung trucks with metal wheels
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-Rail)
- Minimum diameter curve: O-31 (3-Rail)