Introduced in 1949, the Electro-Motive 1500hp GP-7 combined the machinery of the F7 with a hood-type carbody that offered high visibility and easy engine access. The GP-7 was used in pulling every conceivable type of train and was sometimes substituted for part of a set of cab units. The GP-9 utilized a 1750hp engine and was visually similar to the GP-7.
- NCE Decoder (DCC models only)
- Powered low friction drive
- Blackened metal wheels
- Dual brass flywheels
- Directional lighting
- Golden-white LEDs
- AccuMate® couplers
NCE Decoder Features:
- Silent Running™ motor drive
- Both short and long addresses can be programmed on main line (Ops mode)
- Torque Compensation for ultra smooth low speed performance
- Programmable start, mid and maximum speed CVs that work in all speed modes
- Four function outputs with lighting effects generators that allow you to select from 15 different lighting behaviors (ditch lights, Mars light, strobes, beacon, etc)
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.