TRAINMAN MODEL FEATURES:
• The same drive as our basic Master Series™, in an affordable locomotive
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
• Separately applied hand rails and end railings
• Matching cabooses available separately
• Locating dimples for grab irons
• True scale dimensions with accurate details
• Realistic die-cast underframes
• Equipped with AccuMate® Couplers
• As with our Master Series™ GP-38, this model features either a 2,600 or 3,600 gallon fuel tank, depending on the prototype.
ANALOG (DC) OPERATION FEATURES:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas Gold Series locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive (such as the Atlas Gold Series GP38-2 CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped
locomtives operating on a DCC layout.)
SOUND FUNCTIONALITY FEATURES (GOLD MODELS ONLY):
• 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
• 14, 28, 128 speed steps
• Dual mode DC and DCC
• 4 air horns changeable by CVs
• 2 bells changeable by CVs
• Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
• Dynamic brake
DCC OPERATION FEATURES:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.