- Separately applied grab irons, end ladders, and brake wheel
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Roller bearing trucks with 36" machined metal wheels and RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18"
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
With the advent of rotary dumpers, the bathtub gondola allowed the railroads to haul more bulk cargo per carload than conventional open top hoppers. The absence of unloading gates and other appliances that affect internal capacity allowed for additional capacity per car. This improved transportation efficiency for these assigned service cars. The term "Bathtub" gondola is due to the internal shape of the car.
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|