- Decorated models fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Separately applied wire grab irons
- Working drop ends. Gently lift up & push inward to fold ends down.
- Interior detailing
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Machined metal wheels and RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Replacement parts available
- Minimum radius: 18"
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
First built by General American in the early 1940's, the mill gondola was designed for steel mill shipments that required extra length and versatility. The sturdy riveted construction could carry the necessary weight plus both end panels were hinged to fold inward. This allowed long beams and other extra-length loads to extend beyond the length of the car. When carrying such loads, the mill gondola requires flat cars coupled to both ends to allow clearance of the overhanging load.
|PROTOTYPE MANUFACTURER:||General American|
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|ERA:||1940 - 1980|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|