- Three road numbers
- Fully assembled
- Perfect for small home layouts
- Accurately painted and printed
- Highly detailed, injection molded body
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Ready-To-Roll Bettendorf trucks
- Machined 33" metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing plus interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Minimum radius: 18"
As delivered, many of the 40' double door boxcars were intended for automobile service. The larger door opening made it easier for loading and unloading vehicles pre-WWII. As the industry evolved and automobiles were being transported on flat cars with special auto racks, the 40' double door box cars began to see new life into the 1950s-1970s hauling lumber. Again, the large door opening made these 40' cars ideal for loading and unloading, this time finished lumber.